Archivematica is a web- and standards-based, open-source application which allows institutions to preserve long-term access to trustworthy, authentic and reliable digital content. Our target users are archivists, librarians, and anyone working to preserve digital objects.
The Archivematica project consists of several projects working together:
- Archivematica: Main repository containing the user-facing dashboard, task manager MCPServer and clients scripts for the MCPClient. Also referred to as a pipeline
- Dashboard: User-facing web GUI written in Django. This handles external systems & workflow configuration, Transfer and SIP process status & decisions, and gives access to the backlog and archival storage.
- MCPServer: Task manager using gearman that assigns tasks to MCPClients and determines workflow.
- MCPClient: Gearman worker that dispatches jobs to the various scripts.
- Client scripts: The actual scripts that do the processing. Most are written in Python, some in bash or other tools.
- Storage Service: Responsible for moving files to Archivematica for processing, and from Archivematica into storage. It is the more permanent record of AIPs & backlogged transfers and where they’re stored.
- Format Policy Registry: Submodule shared between Archivematica and the Format Policy Registry (FPR) server that displays and updates FPR rules and commands
Detailed feature descriptions live in the subcategory Category:Feature requirements. These may be complete, in progress, or just ideas. Documentation for old versions that is no longer valid in current Archivematica is moved to Category:Deprecated.
See also Category:Process documentation
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Development documentation"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.