UM DSpace exports 1.0
- The transfer should be structured similar to the one in Archivematica's sample data at sampledata/SampleTransfers/DSpaceExport (figure 1). This is a standard DSpace export with one DSpace AIP for the collection-level description and one for each of the deposited objects.
- The inclusion of the collection level export (eg aip_1314.zip) is not mandatory.
- A typical zipped item folder will contain the uploaded object plus a license file, a METS file and possibly an OCR text file. (figure 2) shows an example:
- bitstream_39691_txt = the OCR text file
- bitstream_8272.pdf = the object deposited in DSpace
- bitstream_8273 = the license file
- mets.xml = the METS file for the item
- To process, configure the source directory containing the transfer in the Administration tab of the browser. See Administrator manual - Transfer source directories
- In the transfer tab, use the dropdown menu to select the DSpace transfer type (figure 3). Then, browse to the appropriate source directory and add your DSpace export (figure 4).
- When the DSpace transfer has loaded to the dashboard, click Start Transfer to begin processing (figure 5).
- At the normalization step, choose "Normalize for preservation" (figure 6)
- The METS file for the AIP will show fileGrps for the different file types: original, submissionDocumentation (the mets.xml files), preservation, license and text/ocr. It also contains Xpointers to descriptive and rights metadata in the original mets.xml files exported from DSpace. (figure 7).