Tests: Quarantine, scan, identify and validate
After Review SIP, the SIP is automatically quarantined and scanned for viruses. Any packaged files are unpackaged and prohibited characters are removed from file and folder names. The files are then run through FITS for identification, validation and metadata extraction.
- SIP is placed in quarantine for a specified period of time.
- "Quarantine" micro-service appears as an approval step in the dashboard.
- Tooltip box reads "If desired, click Approve to remove the SIP from quarantine immediately. Otherwise, wait until the quarantine period has expired and the SIP will be removed automatically."
- User can remove SIP from quarantine before the end of the specified period by clicking Approve in the dashboard.
- User can reject the SIP by clicking Reject in the dashboard.
- The rejected SIP is moved to the /rejected directory.
- If SIP is not manually removed from quarantine, it is automatically removed from quarantine when the quarantine period expires.
- Any zipped or otherwise packaged files are unpackaged and placed in a separate folder in the objects directory.
- Prohibited characters are removed from file and folder names.
- All files are scanned for viruses.
- All files are run through FITS, which identifies and validates the formats.
- The following files appear in the logs directory:
- extraction.log (appears only if there were packaged files; otherwise there is no log)
- clamAVScan.log (appears only if a virus or other malware is found; otherwise there is no log)
- The FileUUIDs.log shows that UUIDs have been assigned to unpackaged files.