Meeting 20121003

From Archivematica
Jump to: navigation, search

Artefactual Systems, Internal Archivematica Dev Mtg, 2012-10-03

Contents

[edit] Development

  • Mike C fixed issue where transfer directory selector would choke on large directories.
  • Joseph has finished replacing INT PK's with UUIDs ... It's in the joseph branch on git. He still needs to integrate into the dev helper scripts. Wouldn't mind a little more testing.
    • It's not only changes in the database, but also in the scripts, to reflect the new data type.

[edit] Deployment

  • Saturday's workshop went well: users accessed Archivematica VM in the cloud via wifi on their laptops

[edit] Testing

  • Joseph and Mike will set up the testers on the new Git Archivematica repo

[edit] Documentation

[edit] chat log

(10:29:33 AM) epmclellan: Archivematica mtg time?
(10:29:42 AM) epmclellan: I can take notes
(10:30:27 AM) mcantelon: Mike C fixed issue where transfer directory selector would choke on large directories.
(10:31:14 AM) mcantelon: The next thing I'll look at is the issue with non-standard characters making the transfer directory selector not work.
(10:31:42 AM) epmclellan: great
(10:31:46 AM) epmclellan: that's a serious one
(10:32:27 AM) epmclellan: I have been working on the requirements for bulk metadata import via csv files
(10:32:32 AM) berwin221: I think I've finally finished replacing INT PK's with UUIDs ... It's in the joseph branch on git (as per my email). Still need to integrate into the dev helper scripts. Wouldn't mind a little more testing.
(10:32:37 AM) epmclellan: for CONTENTdm DIP upload, but, will be generic too
(10:33:26 AM) berwin221: It's not only changes in the database, but also in the scripts, to reflect the new data type.
(10:33:50 AM) fiver: berwin221: I can start doing testing as needed for Archivematica; let me know what's needed
(10:34:04 AM) epmclellan: thanks fiver
(10:34:07 AM) fiver: or send me a task in Asana ;)
(10:34:17 AM) epmclellan: good idea
(10:34:23 AM) berwin221: I wasn't sure if I should mege these changes to master or not
(10:35:05 AM) epmclellan: I don't actually know what "replacing INT PK's with UUIDs" means
(10:35:29 AM) fiver: epmclellean: whew, glad i am not the only one!
(10:35:56 AM) berwin221: It's the data type for the primary keys in the mysql tables.
berwin22 berwin221 
(10:36:15 AM) epmclellan: berwin221 if the changes are substantial, maybe the merge should wait until after the CONTENTdm work is done?
(10:36:42 AM) berwin221: from integer (a number) to a string (UUID in our case, mysql doesn't support a UUID data type natively)
(10:37:03 AM) epmclellan: so each row in a table gets a uuid?
(10:37:46 AM) berwin221: probably, but changes to the database for the 1.0 release should be done based off those changes. As long as the other developers (Sevein, Mcantelon, mark) are aware.
(10:38:06 AM) berwin221: Also, I think we need to get the testers setup on git.
(10:38:15 AM) epmclellan: yes, that would be great
(10:38:20 AM) epmclellan: can we do that today?
(10:39:29 AM) epmclellan: berwin221 can you set me up on git today?
(10:39:37 AM) berwin221: To be honest, I'm still learning git. If I'm setting you up, I'd feel more comfortable if Sevein was available as a resource.
(10:40:01 AM) mcantelon: I can help as well. I know just enough to be dangerous. ;)
(10:40:12 AM) epmclellan: sounds good, I don't know when Sevein will be available
(10:40:33 AM) epmclellan: any other dev news?
(10:40:45 AM) mcantelon: None from me.
(10:41:02 AM) berwin221: None from me unfortunatly
(10:41:18 AM) mcantelon: berwin22: Does dev-helper pull from Git? I usually just git pull manually so I haven't checked it..
(10:42:02 AM) berwin221: it does, but I'm finding it doesn't if there are local changes... there is another command I use... give me a moment
(10:42:22 AM) berwin221: git pull origin master
(10:42:25 AM) epmclellan: let's talk about deployment, maybe you guys can work this out after the meeting?
(10:42:48 AM) epmclellan: re deployment, ARTi1, I hear the training setup for Saturday's workshop went pretty well
(10:43:01 AM) epmclellan: i.e. using AM in the cloud?
(10:43:07 AM) ARTi1: epmclellan: went excellently
(10:43:14 AM) epmclellan: nice!!
(10:43:16 AM) ARTi1: courtney did awesome
(10:43:22 AM) epmclellan: so I hear!
(10:43:24 AM) ARTi1: we have another one of those classes coming up?
(10:43:36 AM) mcantelon: berwin221: Ah right... Git is more finicky about when it will pull.
(10:43:39 AM) epmclellan: in Toronto, today or tomorrow I believe
(10:43:39 AM) fiver: ARTi1: agreed re: courtney!
(10:43:52 AM) ARTi1: epmclellan: ok, Ill touch base w/ them
(10:44:03 AM) epmclellan: thanks
(10:44:13 AM) ARTi1: ahh, have something from courtney
(10:44:41 AM) mcantelon: ARTi1: Yay... glad to hear! :D
(10:45:50 AM) epmclellan: Testing: no testing by me this week
(10:46:20 AM) epmclellan: Docs: I've added bulk metadata import requirements at https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/Metadata_import
(10:46:37 AM) epmclellan: For 1.0 the focus for this will be support bulk metadata upload to CONTENTdm
(10:46:43 AM) epmclellan: as part of the DIP
(10:47:11 AM) epmclellan: any other docs?
(10:47:14 AM) fiver: re: docs - fiver updated the AtoM screenshots on the UM Access page in Archivematica docs
(10:47:21 AM) epmclellan: ah, nice
(10:47:23 AM) JBushey: epmclellan: nice metadata doc page
(10:47:30 AM) epmclellan: thanks!
(10:47:51 AM) fiver: fiver would be interested in working on tooltips for DublinCore/PREMIS etc. too, if that is wanted
(10:48:01 AM) epmclellan: yessir, that would be wanted
(10:48:14 AM) epmclellan: whenever you're available!
(10:48:35 AM) fiver: i will task myself and put it in the queue... ;)
(10:48:45 AM) epmclellan: excellent
(10:49:00 AM) epmclellan: it's the never-ending queue!
(10:49:27 AM) fiver: well, i'd prob be out of a job if it ended, so that's fine
(10:49:32 AM) fiver: ;)
(10:49:38 AM) epmclellan: trust me when I say it will never end
(10:49:56 AM) epmclellan: any other updates for this meeting?
(10:50:15 AM) epmclellan: going, going...
(10:50:25 AM) epmclellan: ...gone
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox