Meeting 20110921

From Archivematica
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting 20110921

Contents

[edit] Development

  • Joseph did some more cleanup on the workflow early in the week
    • part of the workflow cleanup was that AIP's when stored seemed to trigger the 'upload DIP' job on the AIP; that has been fixed
  • Joseph has been looking at elastic search and getting some help from mj
  • Joseph thinks he's successfully put a lock in, that prevents users from approving SIP creation before the watched directories have finished updating the database with the new location of the files
    • The SIP still needs to exist in the database before files are placed in it, the easiest way to do that is to wait for it to appear in the dashboard

[edit] Deployment

  • Austin did an sfu install thursday and friday, went well
    • He worked on it remotely thursday and did the workstation install friday
  • Austin is working with IT at RAC on his remote connection in order to do some trouble-shooting there

[edit] Documentation

[edit] Testing

  • Evelyn has done some testing this past week but not too much

[edit] Chat log

(10:36:34 AM) epmclellan: archivematica meeting time?
(10:36:43 AM) epmclellan: berwin22: ARTi
(10:36:44 AM) joseph: sure
(10:37:02 AM) epmclellan: I can take minutes, but...where are minutes from last week?
(10:37:33 AM) djjuhasz: whoa berwin22 is over there joseph
(10:37:40 AM) joseph: it's amusing we can't find our old minutes ;)
(10:38:00 AM) djjuhasz: joseph: I think *you* were taking minutes last week :P
(10:38:06 AM) epmclellan: yeah
(10:38:14 AM) joseph: http://archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Meeting_20110914
(10:38:55 AM) epmclellan: oh, thanks, you want to link them to the meetings page?
(10:38:57 AM) joseph: maybe meetings should be added to a catagory on the wiki?
(10:39:25 AM) epmclellan: http://www.archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Project_meeting#Meeting_Notes
(10:40:38 AM) epmclellan: ARTi: are you here?
(10:40:41 AM) joseph: why are we manually adding them each time, instead of simply having a wiki catagory?
(10:40:54 AM) ARTi: epmclellan: yep, here now!
(10:40:56 AM) epmclellan: you can change the wiki setup if you like
(10:41:08 AM) ARTi: I sent a email to fernando this morning btw.. no word back yet
(10:41:29 AM) epmclellan: you mean in reply to his email about local credentials?
(10:42:27 AM) epmclellan: ARTi: ?
(10:42:50 AM) epmclellan: anyway, dev news?
(10:43:04 AM) djjuhasz: joseph: good question RE: wiki category for meetings
(10:43:38 AM) ARTi: epmclellan: yeah.. just letting him now that credentials shouldnt be a issue
(10:43:44 AM) epmclellan: great, thanks
(10:43:49 AM) epmclellan: joseph: dev news?
(10:44:26 AM) joseph: did some more cleanup on the workflow early in the week
(10:44:54 AM) joseph: been looking at elastic search and getting some help from mj
(10:46:03 AM) joseph: I think I've successfully put a lock in, that prevents users from approving SIP creation before the watched directories have finished updating the database with the new location of the files.
(10:46:19 AM) epmclellan: nice
(10:46:44 AM) joseph: note: the sip still needs to exist in the database before files are placed in it, the easiest way to do that is to wait for it to appear in the database
(10:46:49 AM) joseph: dashboard*
(10:47:39 AM) joseph: I think I also got the problem where 'upload DIP' was a blocking call sorted out.
(10:48:03 AM) epmclellan: is that why my upload DIP was failing?
(10:48:24 AM) joseph: what's the issue number?
(10:48:44 AM) epmclellan: checking
(10:49:00 AM) joseph: and no, I don't think so,
(10:49:01 AM) epmclellan: sorry, I don't see an issue
(10:49:06 AM) epmclellan: I'll file one
(10:49:25 AM) joseph: first check and see if it's still a valid issue to file with the current code
(10:49:30 AM) epmclellan: sure
(10:49:39 AM) epmclellan: when you say "got" the problem you mean fixed it?
(10:50:10 AM) joseph: part of the workflow cleanup was that AIP's when stored seemed to trigger the 'upload DIP' job on the AIP
(10:50:41 AM) epmclellan: k, and that's what you fixed?
(10:50:59 AM) joseph: that was one of the workflow fixes
(10:51:02 AM) epmclellan: great
(10:51:46 AM) epmclellan: any other dev news?
(10:51:49 AM) joseph: I think that's it for dev for me
(10:51:57 AM) epmclellan: deployment?
(10:52:03 AM) epmclellan: ARTi: how did install at SFU go?
(10:52:18 AM) ARTi: did a sfu install thursday and friday, went well
(10:52:36 AM) ARTi: worked on it remotely thursday and did the workstation install friday
(10:52:55 AM) epmclellan: so it was easier than, say, RAC?
(10:53:02 AM) ARTi: working on the maps/documentation today
(10:53:11 AM) epmclellan: oh, thanks
(10:53:26 AM) ARTi: well, yes some of the issues we would of encountered were already solved at RAC and UBC
(10:53:31 AM) ARTi: so it was a pretty easy install :]
(10:53:33 AM) epmclellan: and nice
(10:53:39 AM) epmclellan: excellent!
(10:53:50 AM) JessicaB1: awesome!
(10:53:55 AM) epmclellan: I'm looking forward to getting them started
(10:54:09 AM) epmclellan: they'll be focusing on email, to start, which is good'
(10:54:18 AM) epmclellan: they can give us more requirements
(10:54:29 AM) epmclellan: we haven't had a lot of feedback in that area
(10:54:50 AM) ARTi: working with mark it sounded like its going to get well used :]
(10:55:07 AM) epmclellan: that's great, and the fact that they're local is helpful, I think
(10:55:54 AM) epmclellan: omg, it sounds like they're knocking the building down!
(10:56:11 AM) epmclellan: anyway, if that's it for deployment, on to docs?
(10:56:26 AM) ARTi: yeah, just touched base with RAC still working getting reconnected
(10:56:32 AM) ARTi: all from me
(10:56:38 AM) epmclellan: thanks
(10:56:52 AM) epmclellan: docs...
(10:57:01 AM) epmclellan: I've pretty much finished the rights documentation: http://www.archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=PREMIS_metadata:_rights
(10:57:38 AM) epmclellan: and have been working on DSpace imports: http://www.archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Dspace_exports and http://www.archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Transfer_and_SIP_creation#Workflow_.28DSpace_export.29
(10:57:57 AM) epmclellan: that is, taking exports from DSpace and importing them into Archivematica
(10:58:09 AM) epmclellan: which we are doing for UBC Library
(10:58:21 AM) epmclellan: though we'll make it generic
(10:58:48 AM) epmclellan: testing news?
(10:59:05 AM) epmclellan: not much testing from me, just a little bit
(10:59:23 AM) epmclellan: I'll check the uploadDIP issue again
(10:59:56 AM) epmclellan: anything else? finished meeting?
(11:00:37 AM) joseph: I'm done :)
(11:00:56 AM) epmclellan: me too!
(11:01:19 AM) djjuhasz: me three!
(11:01:55 AM) epmclellan: it's a wrap
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox