UM archival storage
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Once ingest is complete, selecting "Store AIP" in the Actions drop-down menu zips the AIP and moves it into Archival storage.
- In the demo version of Archivematica the AIP storage directory is /sharedDirectoryStructure/www/AIPsStore/ (figure 1). In other environments it can be a remote network mounted directory.
- AIPsStore stores the AIPs as UUID quad directories for efficient storage and retrieval.
- The Archival storage tab in Archivematica shows the stored AIPs.
- Use the up and down arrows in the column header to sort by AIP name, size, UUID or date. Note that at the bottom of the size column is the total size of the stored AIPs.
- To open a copy of the AIP, click on the AIP name. You can then open or download the zipped AIP (figure 3).