UM archival storage
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Once ingest is complete, selecting "Store AIP" in the Actions drop-down menu zips the AIP and moves it into Archival storage.
- In the demo version of Archivematica the AIP storage directory is /sharedDirectoryStructure/www/AIPsStore/ (figure 1). In other environments it can be a remote network mounted directory.
- The directory structure of the AIP store contains UUID quad directories.
- Once the AIP has been stored, a copy of the AIP is extracted from storage to a local temp directory, and is validated with the various BagIt checks: verifyvalid, checkpayloadoxum, verifycomplete, verifypayloadmanifests, verifytagmanifests.
- The Archival storage tab in Archivematica shows the stored AIPs