Tests: Quarantine, scan, identify and validate
After Review SIP, the SIP is automatically quarantined and scanned for viruses. Any packaged files are unpackaged and prohibited characters are removed from file and folder names. The files are then run through FITS for identification, validation and metadata extraction.
- SIP is placed in quarantine for a specified period of time.
- SIP is removed from quarantine when the quarantine period expires.
- Any zipped or otherwise packaged files are unpackaged and placed in a separate folder in the objects directory.
- Prohibited characters are removed from file and folder names.
- All files are scanned for viruses.
- All files are run through FITS, which identifies and validates the formats.
- The following files appear in the logs directory:
- extraction.log (appears only if there were packaged files; otherwise there is no log)
- SIPNameSanitization.log (appears only if file or folder names contained prohibited characters; otherwise there is no log)
- clamAVScan.log (appears only if a virus or other malware is found; otherwise there is no log)
- The FileUUIDs.log shows that UUIDs have been assigned to unpackaged files.