Difference between revisions of "Storage Service 0.19 Release Notes"
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
== Fixed ==
== Fixed ==
* Storage Service 0.18.x doesn't follow symlinks https://github.com/archivematica/Issues/issues/1515
* Storage Service 0.18.x doesn't follow symlinkshttps://github.com/archivematica/Issues/issues/1515
Revision as of 14:09, 25 February 2022
- Release date: 25 Feb 2022
Please see the installation instructions.
Storage Service 0.19.0 has been tested in the following environments:
- Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit Server Edition
- CentOS 7 64-bit
Please note that we've dropped support for Ubuntu Linux 16.04 since it reached the end of its five-year LTS window on April 30th 2021. We're planning to add support for Ubuntu 20.04 in the near future.
For development purposes, most of our developers prefer to use Docker containers. These and all above environments are linked from the installation instructions above.
- With the new permission module (see pull request #625 for more), existing users defined in the application database will automatically become administrators when the Django migrations are executed. If your Storage Service is configured with an external authentication backend, you can use SS_AUTH_DEFAULT_USER_ROLE to establish a new default user role for authenticated users or tweak the authentication backend settings to map the user roles according to your needs.
The Storage Service now includes four different user roles: administrators, managers, reviewers and readers. Previously, users were either administrators or not administrators, the only difference being that administrators can create, edit, and delete other users. All existing users will automatically become administrators on upgrade. You may wish to review your users and adjust their permissions as needed.
Supported authentication backends like LDAP, Shibboleth or CAS include new configuration attributes to promote authenticated users.
See Users in the Archivematica documentation for more information.
- Storage Service 0.18.x doesn't follow symlinks: https://github.com/archivematica/Issues/issues/1515