Significant characteristics of plain text files
Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Florida Digital Archive Action plan, Plain Text (http://www.fcla.edu/digitalArchive/formatInfo.htm):
Plain text exhibits the following significant properties:
- Content: All content, including every character, will be preserved.
- Context: N/A. Plain Text does not contain metadata to describe the environment where it was originally created or used.
- Behavior: N/A. Plain Text does not provide interactive characteristics.
- Structure: The location of every linebreak will be preserved. There is no other predefined structure for Plain Text.
- Appearance: N/A. Plain Text does not store appearance attributes such as font (including font size or font style), color, alignment, etc.