SAA 2015 Demonstration and Feedback
About this page
Archivematica, ArchivesSpace and the Bentley Historical Library are hosting a brown bag lunch at the Society of American Archivists' conference in Cleveland. During the session, the hosts will show a prototype of the newest enhancements to the Archivematica/ArchivesSpace integration workflows to gain public feedback. This page contains instructions for installing the prototype for testing, as well as a public link to access a hosted version of the prototype. Any notes and feedback from the session will ultimately recorded here.
- Artefactual will share a public Google document from the day of the Brown Bag session until the end of August 2015, at which time the document will be closed and its content moved to this wiki page.
- Public Google document for feedback and note sharing for in-person and virtual attendees.
- Here is a Google form to register your interest in following this work or participating in future testing:
- This link will be posted at the time of the session and removed after a few days.
- Download and install the Appraisal Tab prototype using Artefactual Labs's github 
- To deploy:
- Clone this repository.
- Install node.js (or io.js) and npm.
- Inside the repository, run npm install.
- Run npm start.
- This will launch a web server running the application, which can be accessed at http://localhost:8000/app/.
- Please note: One user had a little trouble with the third step (receiving "weird error" and "not ok" messages). This was resolved with a legacy version of nodejs. You may also have to use a different port for the app, since the Archivematica Storage Service may already be using it if you have it installed.
Using the features
Screenshot with 'key'
Search the backlog for transfer content Select a folder from the backlog search results Click on Analysis button to see report of file types and sizes
Note: helpful to open the file list at this stage by clicking on File list tab
- click on format type to populate file list with files of that format
- click on visualization to see a histograph of formats
In visualizations, clicking on a wedge of the pie chart will populate the file list with files of that format
Click on Examine Contents tab you can see BulkExtractor log content for PII and CC numbers
Select a file from the file list and click on Preview file to see a the file in the viewer (if your browser has a viewer for the format enabled); you can also download the file directly if you do not have a browser viewer