OCR text in DIP
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See related issues:
Add OCR text files to DIP and AIP
- Add open-source OCR tool to Archivematica
- Tesseract is the most actively developed; other open-source OCR is either moribund (Cuneiform, OCRopus) or released only sporadically without major improvements (OCRad, gOCR).
- The actively-developed options are:
- Tesseract appears to be the best solution in most cases. If speed was paramount and mediocre or poor accuracy would be acceptable, there might be an argument to use OCRad.
- Add micro-service to OCR files in DIP (post-normalization)
- Micro-service: Transcription
- User choice Yes/No (default NO)
- Add FPR purpose - Transcription - OCR first and only tool in that section
- Add OCR files to DIP in "[DIP]/OCRfiles" directory
- Run OCR on originals or preservation copies??
- Add OCR files to AIP in "AIP/data/objects/metadata/OCRfiles"
- METS file PREMIS event Transcription (add to PREMIS events)
- METS file new file group to file sec (Evelyn to mock up)
- Add configuration setting to administrative tab of the dashboard to pre-select OCR options