OCR text in DIP
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See related issues:
Add OCR text files to DIP
- Add open-source OCR tool to Archivematica
- Tesseract is the most actively developed; other open-source OCR is either moribund (Cuneiform, OCRopus) or released only sporadically without major improvements (OCRad, gOCR).
- The actively-developed options are:
- Tesseract appears to be the best solution in most cases. If speed was paramount and mediocre or poor accuracy would be acceptable, there might be an argument to use OCRad.
- Add micro-service to OCR files in DIP (post-normalization)
- Micro-service: OCR files
- User choice Yes/No
- Add OCR files to DIP in "[DIP]/OCR files" directory
- Add OCR files to AIP in "[AIP]/data/objects/submissionDocumentation"
- Add configuration setting to administrative tab of the dashboard to pre-select OCR options