- For compound objects, the user creates one or more subdirectory in the objects directory, each containing the items that form a compound object.
- The subdirectory names must not contain spaces, underscores or other forbidden characters.
- The user adds a csv file to the metadata folder for the transfer entitled metadata.csv
- The first row of the csv file consists of field names. Field names must not include spaces.
- Dublin Core field names must contain the "dc" element in the name, eg "dc.title"
- Each subsequent row contains the complete set of field values for a single directory or file
- If the metadata are for simple objects, the csv file must contain a "filename" column listing the filepath and filename of each object: eg "objects/BrocktonOval.jp2"
- If the metadata are for compound objects, the csv file must contain a "parts" column listing the names of the directories containing the items that form the compound object: eg "objects/Jan011964/page01.jp2
- At the generate METS micro-service, Archivematica parses the metadata in metadata.csv to the METS file, as follows:
- All Dublin Core elements are used to generate a dmdSec for each directory or file with MDTYPE="DC"
- The dmdSecs are linked to their directories or files in the structMap
This section provides csv file and METS file examples for simple objects - i.e. individual files that are not items in a compound object such as a book or a newspaper issue.
Sample headings and values
|filename||dc.title||dates of publication||dc.publisher||dc.contributor||dc.subject||dc.date||dc.description||notes||forms part of||repository||dc.rights||project website||Digital file format|
|objects/BrocktonOval.jpg||Stanley Park in December||Riley Studios, Vancouver BC||Don Langfield, photographer||Vancouver (B.C.)--Parks||1992/12/04||Image shows Brockton Oval after light snowfall||Originally part of series entitled "Winter in Vancouver"||Riley Studios collection||New Caledonia Public Library||Copyright held by Riley Studios||http://www.ncpl/donlangfieldphotographs.ca||image/jp2|
|objects/QE Park sunset.jpg||Sunset in Queen Elizabeth Park||Riley Studios, Vancouver BC||Don Langfield, photographer||Vancouver (B.C.)--Parks||1994/07/13||Riley Studios collection||New Caledonia Public Library||Copyright held by Riley Studios||http://www.ncpl/donlangfieldphotographs.ca||image/jp2|
Sample headings and values
|parts||dc.title||alternative title||dc.publisher||dates of publication||dc.subject||dc.date||dc.description||frequency||dc.language||forms part of||repository||project website||Digital file format|
|objects/Jan021964||Coast News, January 02, 1964||Sunshine Coast News||Fred Cruice||1945-1995||Gibsons (B.C.)--Newspapers||1964/01/02||Serving the Growing Sunshine Coast||Weekly||English||British Columbia Historical Newspapers collection||Sunshine Coast Museum and Archives||http://historicalnewspapers.library.ubc.ca||image/jp2|
|objects/Jan091964||Coast News, January 09, 1964||Sunshine Coast News||Fred Cruice||1945-1995||Gibsons (B.C.)--Newspapers||1964/01/09||Serving the Growing Sunshine Coast||Weekly||English||British Columbia Historical Newspapers collection||Sunshine Coast Museum and Archives||http://historicalnewspapers.library.ubc.ca||image/jp2|