Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page documents the workflow and METS content for lower-level metadata import - i.e. metadata to be attached to subdirectories and files within a SIP.
- The user adds a csv file to the metadata folder for the transfer entitled metadata.csv
- The first row of the csv file consists of field names
- Dublin Core field names must contain the "dc" element in the name, eg "dc.title"
- Each subsequent row contains the complete set of field values for a single directory or file
- If the metadata are for compound objects, the csv file must contain a "parts" column listing the names of the directories containing the component files
- At the generate METS micro-service, Archivematica parses the metadata in metadata.csv to the METS file, as follows:
- All Dublin Core elements are used to generate a Dublin Core dmdSec for each directory or file
- All non-Dublin Core elements are used to generate a dmdSec for each directory or file with TYPE=OTHER OTHERTYPE=CUSTOM
- The dmdSecs are linked to their directories or files in the structMap