Meeting 20121010

From Archivematica
Revision as of 13:56, 10 October 2012 by Joseph (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Artefactual Systems, Internal Archivematica Dev Mtg, 2012-10-03

Contents

[edit] Development

  • Joseph worked on Issue 1232: Parse csv metadata in transfer to directories or files within the transfer.
  • Joseph starting to work on parsing FITS for file identification insert values into database.
  • Courtney mocking up the UI for normalization via FITS today
  • Mike C fixed issues with non-standard characters breaking the transfer component picker (thanks berwin22 for help!)
  • Mike C added the ability to change user passwords with the dashboard

[edit] Deployment

[edit] Testing

  • Joseph updated Evelyn's efir to git
  • Courtney needed to create key for authentication

[edit] Documentation

[edit] chat log

(10:32:56 AM) djjuhasz: Archivematica!
(10:33:10 AM) epmclellan: hello!
(10:33:15 AM) courtney: yo
(10:33:32 AM) berwin22: I can take notes
(10:33:41 AM) epmclellan: thanks berwin22
(10:33:49 AM) berwin22: dev
(10:33:51 AM) berwin22: I've worked on Issue 1232:	Parse csv metadata in transfer to directories or files within the transfer
(10:33:51 AM) berwin22: starting to work on parsing FITS for file identification insert values into database.
(10:34:08 AM) courtney: i'm mocking up that UI today
(10:34:20 AM) artii [~yaaic@out-bc-221.wireless.telus.com] entered the room.
(10:34:27 AM) epmclellan: I've been working closely with Mark Jordan on CONTENTdm DIP upload requirements
(10:34:36 AM) epmclellan: with bulk metadata import
(10:34:45 AM) epmclellan: he has everything he needs now
(10:34:54 AM) JessicaB: great!
(10:35:08 AM) courtney: will this be a ubc patch?
(10:35:53 AM) epmclellan: probably part of the repo, and we'll install a dev version of Archivematica there for testing
(10:35:56 AM) epmclellan: er...right?
(10:36:08 AM) epmclellan: berwin22: ^
(10:36:29 AM) berwin22: I don't think I've seen any git commits from mark... I recall sevein setting him up?
(10:36:40 AM) epmclellan: he's got access, he just hasn't done the dev yet
(10:36:53 AM) djjuhasz: Show me the dev!
(10:36:57 AM) djjuhasz: :P
(10:36:59 AM) mcantelon: Haha
(10:37:04 AM) courtney: ok
(10:37:13 AM) mcantelon: Mike C worked on reorganizing dashboard views/URLs/templates into separate modules
(10:37:21 AM) berwin22: it probably makes the most sense to make ubc a dev install... I wonder if we should make them a git branch?
(10:37:40 AM) epmclellan: it depends on how busted Archivematica is by then
(10:38:14 AM) mcantelon: Mike C fixed issues with non-standard characters breaking the transfer component picker (thanks berwin22 for help!)
(10:38:25 AM) mcantelon: Mike C added the ability to change user passwords with the dashboard
(10:39:15 AM) epmclellan: finished dev?
(10:39:17 AM) fiver: Question: i remember hearing at one of the demos that 1.0 may have plans for incorporating Chain of Preservation model...  is this work begun/still a plan for 1.0, or later, or not? 
(10:39:43 AM) courtney: fiver: we've already done a gap analysis against COP
(10:39:44 AM) epmclellan: fiver: we'll be doing an analysis of our metadata bs chain of preservation model
(10:39:49 AM) epmclellan: but that won't involve actual dev
(10:39:57 AM) courtney: fiver: that's how we have all the stopping points for appraisal/arrangement
(10:40:01 AM) epmclellan: courtney: I think he's talking about our work with Joe Tennis
(10:40:27 AM) courtney: still, fiver, you can read the Archivaria article if you're interested in the work we did with COP so far
(10:40:31 AM) berwin22: np mcantelon: what do you think of python + non ascii?
(10:40:58 AM) ***mcantelon stares into the darkness and weeps
(10:41:06 AM) fiver: Wheres the article?  would love to learn more about how these kind of models get turned into a functional workflow through AM, so if you need any further help lemme know
(10:41:20 AM) fiver: oh, hahah, sorry, archivaria
(10:41:26 AM) fiver: read archivematica
(10:42:03 AM) epmclellan: deployment?
(10:42:19 AM) courtney: fiver: i'll send link
(10:42:37 AM) djjuhasz: That's okay fiver, Courtney was working for the mysterious "Artactual" yesterday 
(10:42:37 AM) fiver: courtney: sure! i can also find it...
(10:42:45 AM) berwin22: anything for deployment?
(10:42:51 AM) fiver: hahaha
(10:42:58 AM) fiver: competitors
(10:43:02 AM) berwin22: testing?
(10:43:14 AM) courtney: i can't test until i can update
(10:43:20 AM) epmclellan: berwin22 installed Archivematica directly on my desktop
(10:43:29 AM) epmclellan: after upgrading it to Ubuntu 12.04
(10:43:30 AM) courtney: i have ssh key (public), but no idea what to do 
(10:43:35 AM) epmclellan: so I'm able to test now
(10:43:51 AM) courtney: djjuhasz: what? when was i working for Artactual?
(10:44:10 AM) epmclellan: courtney: for about 20 minutes yesterday, until peter fixed a typo
(10:44:21 AM) courtney: oh... missed that
(10:44:21 AM) fiver: re: testing, not sure if i am set up to assist with  this yet. have only used AM through the VirtualBox so far...
(10:44:24 AM) berwin22: courtney: sevein will need to add the key to the git server, then we can set you up
(10:44:28 AM) JessicaB: i think you get paid for that time.
(10:44:55 AM) courtney: i emailed sevein, but i think he's off the grid until the 14th or so
(10:45:02 AM) JessicaB: yep
(10:45:04 AM) fiver: good for him!
(10:45:09 AM) epmclellan: berwin22's an expert, he can set you up
(10:45:23 AM) epmclellan: oh, once you get the key, I mean
(10:46:05 AM) epmclellan: docs?
(10:46:17 AM) berwin22: we'll set you up read only for the time being then, then switch you over later
(10:46:28 AM) mcantelon: artii: Seems like Elasticsearch isn't starting consistently... wonder if having something like Monit watch over it would be worth doing?
(10:46:28 AM) djjuhasz: courtney: I think I can set you up on the git server
(10:46:46 AM) djjuhasz: courtney: can you please send your public key via PM or email?
(10:47:13 AM) ARTi [~austin@24-207-101-202.eastlink.ca] entered the room.
(10:47:14 AM) courtney: it is on the internal wiki, dj
(10:47:29 AM) mcantelon: ARTi: ^
(10:47:47 AM) courtney: docs - two new screencasts today: bags and premis
(10:48:01 AM) courtney: added a brief UM page for Bags
(10:48:07 AM) epmclellan: I've been analyzing and documenting ingest requirements for TRIM exports
(10:48:07 AM) ARTi: mcantelon: Ill look at monit
(10:48:09 AM) epmclellan: https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/TRIM_exports
(10:48:20 AM) courtney: berwin22: we can include a link to the screencast there: https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/UM_Bags
(10:48:34 AM) mcantelon: ARTi: Sweet... the ES server seems a bit fragile or something.
(10:49:03 AM) courtney: ES is  a delicate flower
(10:49:03 AM) ARTi: yeah.. seems very fragile.
(10:49:36 AM) ARTi: I guess its our only option?  too bad its java :]
(10:49:38 AM) berwin22: k
(10:50:07 AM) courtney: docs... i also added a bit more about searching the AIP store on the Archival Storage page of the UM
(10:50:10 AM) ARTi: think its the way that its packaged thats causing issues?
(10:50:14 AM) ARTi: mcantelon: ^
(10:50:17 AM) courtney: https://www.archivematica.org/wiki/UM_archival_storage
(10:51:28 AM) mcantelon: ARTi: Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's crashing or if it doesn't start up, occasionally, in the first place.
(10:51:56 AM) courtney: great twitter feedback from Derangement and Description's Rebecca Goldman about the quality of our documentation
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox