Meeting 20110608

From Archivematica
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 203: Line 203:
  
 
__NOTOC__
 
__NOTOC__
 +
[[Category:meetings]]

Latest revision as of 15:19, 21 September 2011

[edit] Development

  • Joseph created imbox extension on individual emails extracted to mbox format, with attachments next to them in the directory, to be normalized.
    • He added .mbox to directories extracted from a pst file.
    • Access format of html derived from hypermail for .mbox files.
    • Imbox and pst files are not included in the DIP.
  • Joseph changed to use upstart daemons in dev environment.
  • Joseph has been working with Jesus on some of the queries for the dashboard reports.
  • Joseph added an auto approve all, to fascilitate testing of larger sips.
  • Joseph did some testing with a larger SIP and found some issues around rename and fits that he believes are now resolved: http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/issues/detail?id=623
  • Austin added some fail safe stuff to the packages and then he was having trouble getting them to install. Then he got it working and this has made reinstalling the packages much cleaner
  • Jesus has been working on Preservation planning page, Archival storage page, normalization report
  • Three out of four tabs are working now! We'll hide the access tab for 0.7.1

[edit] Deployment

[edit] Testing

  • Evelyn has been doing a lot of testing
    • but it is mainly relating to refining the new features, it's not the usual immediate pre-release testing
    • So we are somewhat behind on testing
  • QA review and QA feedback are working well
  • Evelyn will start testing off the packages

[edit] Documentation

[edit] Chat log

(10:29:12 AM) David Juhasz: shall we switch to archivematica?
(10:29:18 AM) David Juhasz: give MJ a minute to get set up
(10:29:33 AM) epmclellan: I'll take notes for archivematica meeting
(10:29:41 AM) David Juhasz: ah, even better
(10:29:45 AM) David Juhasz: thanks epmclellan
(10:30:06 AM) Joseph.p: thanks epmcellan
(10:30:10 AM) epmclellan: np
(10:30:11 AM) Austin: epmclellan++
(10:30:21 AM) Joseph.p: may I shotgun?
(10:30:36 AM) ***Austin ducks
(10:30:40 AM) Joseph.p: Dev:
Created imbox extension on individual emails extracted to mbox format, with attachments next to them in the directory, to be normalized.
Added .mbox to directories extracted from a pst file.

Access format of html derived from hypermail for .mbox files.
Imbox and pst files are not included in the DIP.

Changed to use upstart daemons in dev environment.

Been working with Jesus on some of the queries for the dashboard reports.

Added an auto approve all, to fascilitate testing of larger sips.

Testing:
I did some testing with a larger SIP and found some issues around rename and fits that I believe are now resolved.
http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/issues/detail?id=623

Documentation:
In 0.7 we had a number of questions about the micro-services, like what the purpose of quarantine was. For 0.7.1 we have this page:
http://archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=0.7.1_Micro-Services

Also added a "how-to"
This needs to be filled in.
http://archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=0.7.1_How-To

(10:31:06 AM) David Juhasz: lol @ Austin's reflexes
(10:31:07 AM) MJ_web: epmclellan: thanks, sorry
(10:31:20 AM) MJ Suhonos left the room (Ivan the Space Biker).
(10:31:28 AM) MJ Suhonos entered the room.
(10:31:28 AM) MJ Suhonos left the room (Ivan the Space Biker).
(10:31:41 AM) epmclellan: MJ_web: no worries...were you planning to take the notes? I just jumped in.
(10:31:50 AM) MJ Suhonos entered the room.
(10:31:59 AM) MJ Suhonos: no pleade go ahead :)
(10:32:10 AM) epmclellan: ok, doing
(10:32:18 AM) Austin: added some fail safe stuff to the packages and then I was having trouble getting them to install
(10:32:46 AM) David Juhasz: Joseph.p: what's an "upstart daemons"?
(10:32:48 AM) peterVG: lots of work accomplished this week Joseph. nice.
(10:32:49 AM) Austin: though got that working yesturday, this has made reinstalling the packages much cleaner
(10:32:57 AM) peterVG: Austin: cool
(10:32:58 AM) Austin: restart command was not working for our upstart daemons.  though settled on just start/stop - updated the docs
(10:33:19 AM) Joseph.p: David, I'll refer you to austin 
(10:33:41 AM) Austin: upstart is the ubuntu service manager 
(10:33:49 AM) David Juhasz: ah, cool
(10:34:20 AM) peterVG: "how to" page great idea. 
(10:34:22 AM) peterVG: awesome to get start/stop commands working.
(10:35:09 AM) peterVG: Joseph next meeting maybe split up your shotgun rounds. It makes it difficult otherwise for us to follow-up and ask questions about individual tasks/features etc?
(10:35:23 AM) Austin: also made some updates to http://archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_add_multiple_clients 
(10:35:24 AM) Joseph.p: fair enough
(10:35:32 AM) peterVG: you've got so much good stuff in that list. don't want to gloss over it all
(10:35:36 AM) Austin: @docs*
(10:36:14 AM) peterVG: i.e. getting HTML access copies working for email. Yea!
(10:36:36 AM) Austin: Joseph.p: rock!
(10:36:38 AM) peterVG: multi-client docs: sweet
(10:36:52 AM) epmclellan: Well, we still have a ways to go with email preservation/access
(10:37:08 AM) epmclellan: I created a requirements page at http://archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Email_preservation
(10:37:15 AM) epmclellan: We don't meet all the requirements yet
(10:37:29 AM) epmclellan: maybe we could have a quick meeting today to review where we are with that
(10:37:45 AM) peterVG: k
(10:37:53 AM) peterVG: or tomorrow. all three of us are in?
(10:37:55 AM) Sevein: I have been fixing all the issues related to the Dashboard (many)
(10:38:21 AM) epmclellan: Yes, the preservation planning page and the normalization report are both looking very good
(10:38:31 AM) epmclellan: I'm testing the normalization reporting today
(10:38:52 AM) Sevein: ok :)
(10:38:54 AM) epmclellan: overall, we have a number of great new features we're going to introduce in 0.7.1
(10:38:59 AM) epmclellan: pretty exciting stuff
(10:39:08 AM) MJ_web left the room.
(10:39:23 AM) Joseph.p: Sevein: did you managed to get that logic to change the colour to indicate a failure implemented yesterday? that wasn't in an issue... we may want to capture it in one
(10:39:32 AM) Sevein: yep, we did that yesterday
(10:39:33 AM) epmclellan: he's already done it
(10:39:37 AM) Joseph.p: sweet
(10:39:39 AM) epmclellan: I'm testing it today
(10:39:44 AM) Sevein: Evelyn gave me the logic, I put the code!
(10:40:34 AM) epmclellan: Re testing...
(10:40:43 AM) epmclellan: I've been doing lots of testing so far this week
(10:40:58 AM) Joseph.p: QA review and QA feedback are working well?
(10:40:59 AM) epmclellan: but it is mainly relating to refining the new features, it's not the usual immediate pre-release testing
johnson32062 Joseph.p 
(10:41:11 AM) epmclellan: Joseph.p: yes, really well
(10:41:15 AM) epmclellan: it's a great system
(10:41:24 AM) Joseph.p: good good
(10:41:29 AM) epmclellan: anyway, overall I'd say we're behind on testing
(10:41:32 AM) peterVG: great. 
(10:41:33 AM) Sevein: oh, remarkable change, the dashboard is already using Django 1.3!
(10:41:46 AM) epmclellan: ooh
(10:42:00 AM) peterVG: great about the QA tags working out. Not necessarily great about being behind on testing :-)
(10:42:04 AM) Joseph.p: Alright... so in our meeting we'll need to look at schedule
(10:42:09 AM) epmclellan: I knew what you meant :)
(10:42:11 AM) Austin: epmclellan: can you try testing off of the packages?
(10:42:24 AM) epmclellan: ok
(10:42:37 AM) Joseph.p: Austin, I'd need to setup a vm for her to do that
(10:42:39 AM) Austin: I ran some test sips through yesturday and it looked great (all green :])
(10:42:42 AM) Joseph.p: what repos should I be using?
(10:42:48 AM) Austin: externals-dev and daily
(10:42:58 AM) Joseph.p: cheers
(10:43:21 AM) Sevein: oh, the Archival storage section is also news this week
(10:44:17 AM) epmclellan: yeah, it's really cool
(10:44:25 AM) peterVG: awesome
(10:44:28 AM) Sevein: Austin: thank you for updating the externals repo!
(10:44:29 AM) epmclellan: So now we have something on three out of four tabs in the dashboard
(10:44:42 AM) Austin: Sevein: np
(10:44:46 AM) johnson32062 left the room.
(10:44:48 AM) ford52267 entered the room.
(10:45:33 AM) Joseph.p: Should we make clicking the access tab in the dashboard open up ica-atom in another window?
(10:45:53 AM) Joseph.p: The other tabs are now "active"
(10:45:58 AM) epmclellan: hmm, I think that might be a bit confusing
(10:46:07 AM) epmclellan: I think we can leave access tab for now
(10:46:10 AM) ford52267 left the room.
(10:46:12 AM) taylor62771 entered the room.
(10:46:22 AM) peterVG: maybe we should just hide that tab in 0.7.1 since its not functional yet?
(10:46:39 AM) epmclellan: works for me
(10:46:43 AM) Sevein: ok, I will
(10:46:46 AM) epmclellan: thanks
(10:46:51 AM) Joseph.p: What's it's intent again?
(10:47:05 AM) epmclellan: to review DIPs?
(10:47:21 AM) epmclellan: maybe to review AIPs retrieved in response to requests etc.
(10:47:22 AM) peterVG: similar to the archival storage page it will provide a list of all the DIPs generated by Archivematica and their online location (hyperlink)
(10:47:24 AM) Joseph.p: I thought the dip was already uploaded at that point
(10:48:04 AM) peterVG: or this may become the page from a user triggers a DIP upload (instead of via an ingest micro-service)
(10:48:16 AM) Joseph.p: RE: peterVG: maybe we should just hide that tab in 0.7.1 since its not functional yet?
maybe gray it out or something
(10:48:28 AM) peterVG: then we might be able to incorporate access control metadata/restrictions etc
(10:48:34 AM) epmclellan: we can nail down the requirements for 0.7.2
(10:48:41 AM) peterVG: Joseph.p: yes, agreed. we should just not show it all in 0.7.1
(10:48:41 AM) epmclellan: there are a lot of things we could with that tab
(10:49:07 AM) peterVG: yep
(10:49:24 AM) David Juhasz: Oh the tab possibilties!
(10:49:41 AM) epmclellan: yeah, the sky's the limit
(10:50:02 AM) David Juhasz: skytab!  now with 100% more sky
(10:50:17 AM) epmclellan: David, we'll bring you in on the design of the access tab
(10:50:22 AM) epmclellan: we obviously need you
(10:50:22 AM) David Juhasz: lol
(10:50:28 AM) David Juhasz: I'm ready!
(10:50:29 AM) Sevein: ok, I've commited the change, it is hidden now
(10:50:47 AM) epmclellan: geez, what took you so long?
(10:50:51 AM) David Juhasz: lol
(10:51:05 AM) peterVG: lol, you guys rock
(10:51:11 AM) Sevein: hehe
(10:51:19 AM) Joseph.p: Sevein: fix confirmed
(10:51:24 AM) peterVG: okay, so shall we meet tomorrow to review 0.7.1 release status/schedule?
(10:51:32 AM) epmclellan: sure
(10:51:40 AM) David Juhasz: what's the release dates?
(10:51:46 AM) peterVG: austin: any heads-up about the release process?
(10:51:49 AM) epmclellan: supposed to be June 20
(10:52:32 AM) David Juhasz: nice
(10:52:34 AM) peterVG: we want to have the release ready to go by Tuesday (14th). ArtefactualCon Wed-Fri. Announce 0.7.1 on Monday 20th
(10:52:46 AM) epmclellan: oh
(10:52:52 AM) David Juhasz: oh, there it is in my calendar
(10:53:22 AM) Austin: cool,  Ill start getting some builds going.
(10:53:32 AM) Austin: peterVG: ^
(10:53:40 AM) peterVG: great
(10:53:46 AM) MJ Suhonos left the room (Ivan the Space Biker).
(10:54:26 AM) epmclellan: think we're done meeting?
(10:54:51 AM) peterVG: yup
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox