Meeting 20110518

From Archivematica
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Development

  • Jesús has started working in issue 464. He and Joseph were talking about how the UI should be
  • Joseph's summary
570, Asterisk*.zip encounters error at transcoder extract packages.
63,Issue 63:	During ingest run script to remove Thumbs.db files
566,	access normalization copy fails on files without extension.
564, Remove Approve submission documentation ingest approval step
532, inkscape failing on sample 'Vector.NET-Free-Vector-Art-Pack-28-Freedom-Flight.eps' file
- Had to use sudo for it to work.
215, MCP - Handle clients disconnecting while processing.
441 - added dual extraction of pst files.
482, Receive SIP watch directory behavior. - Rename move etc.
467, RPC-CLI should report MCPClient information
- added the to the xmlrpc protocol
532* had to add sudo to the command for it to work properly

Deployment

Documentation

Testing

Austin: havnt touched archivematica since last week. though while testing I began fixing some things I was seeing(start/stop-etc). I have only tested a many(10000) sip object, Ill try and get some larger hd files this week to test with

Chat log

(10:34:04 AM) david.juhasz: Archivematica?
(10:34:05 AM) Jessica  Bushey: thank you for taking notes david
(10:34:28 AM) MJ Suhonos: yes, thanks 
(10:35:03 AM) jesus.sevein: about archivematica dev,
(10:35:06 AM) Tim left the room.
(10:35:12 AM) jesus.sevein: I have started working in issue 464, http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/issues/detail?id=464
(10:35:31 AM) jesus.sevein: Joseph and me were talking about how the UI should be
(10:36:23 AM) joseph: We didn't have a dev meeting last week. These were the issues I worked on of note in the past two weeks:
(10:36:25 AM) joseph: 570, Asterisk*.zip encounters error at transcoder extract packages.
63,Issue 63:	During ingest run script to remove Thumbs.db files
566,	access normalization copy fails on files without extension.
564, Remove Approve submission documentation ingest approval step
532, inkscape failing on sample 'Vector.NET-Free-Vector-Art-Pack-28-Freedom-Flight.eps' file

Had to change it to work with sudo

215, MCP - Handle clients disconnecting while processing.
441 - added dual extraction of pst files.
482, Receive SIP watch directory behavior. - Rename move etc.
467, RPC-CLI should report MCPClient information
- added the to the xmlrpc protocol

(10:37:10 AM) joseph: 532* had to add sudo to the command for it to work properly
(10:37:27 AM) vangarderen.peter: sounds like lots of progress
(10:37:53 AM) joseph: it's the little devily details... they are time consuming
(10:38:29 AM) joseph: I'll be coming into the office today, but not thurday
(10:39:10 AM) vangarderen.peter: so we've got 0.7.1 release feature freeze schedule for this Monday.
(10:39:15 AM) jesus.sevein: yep
(10:39:18 AM) joseph: ok
(10:39:24 AM) david.juhasz: I've got to duck out on notes, I need to troubleshoot a problem for Evelyn
(10:39:27 AM) Austin: cool
(10:39:33 AM) vangarderen.peter: I think we covered a lot of ground in last friday's dev meeting
(10:39:44 AM) vangarderen.peter: isn't epmclellan in this meeting right now?
(10:39:46 AM) david.juhasz: Here's the page so far: http://archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Meeting_20110518
(10:39:59 AM) david.juhasz: No, she's doing something urgent for RAC
(10:40:15 AM) epmclellan: sorry, here I am
(10:40:34 AM) epmclellan: working on RAC demo
(10:40:55 AM) vangarderen.peter: k, can you spare a few minutes for Archivematica meeting? 
(10:41:04 AM) joseph: *++++++++++++\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
(10:41:07 AM) epmclellan: yes, just have to give David a password
(10:41:15 AM) vangarderen.peter: k
(10:41:18 AM) vangarderen.peter: so back to feature freeze
(10:41:34 AM) david.juhasz: joseph: indigestion ^ ;P
(10:41:43 AM) david.juhasz: ?
(10:41:47 AM) joseph: cat on keyboard
(10:41:50 AM) vangarderen.peter: I think we managed to finalize Jesus' tasks for 0.7.1 (the list in green writing on the whiteboard)
(10:41:57 AM) epmclellan: ok, here I am
(10:42:08 AM) jesus.sevein: vangarderen.peter: yes, I'll do my best!
(10:42:24 AM) Austin: brb
(10:42:46 AM) epmclellan: have run into RAC demo site, edit ISDIAH returns internal server error
(10:42:53 AM) epmclellan: RAC demo site problem, I mean
(10:42:55 AM) david.juhasz: volunteer for archivematica notes please?
(10:43:08 AM) joseph: I'll do it
(10:43:13 AM) epmclellan: joseph: thank you
(10:43:35 AM) vangarderen.peter: now we lost austin?
(10:43:53 AM) vangarderen.peter: i'm trying to juggle a bunch of meetings here at UN with this meeting.
(10:44:02 AM) epmclellan: basically, I haven't done anything on Archivematica this past week
(10:44:11 AM) epmclellan: was at PASIG, then dev meeting on Friday, then InterPARES
(10:44:23 AM) vangarderen.peter: i'm trying to get status on 0.7.1 feature freeze
(10:44:59 AM) Austin: back.
(10:45:13 AM) vangarderen.peter: I'm wondering if we managed to nail that down last Fri?
(10:45:35 AM) Austin: yeah none from me on the archivematica front from me this week.. but I still have alot to go on from last week
(10:45:40 AM) vangarderen.peter: i.e. do we have a final list of features that we think we can complete for 0.7.1
(10:45:44 AM) epmclellan: the main features were the manual normalization...
(10:45:51 AM) epmclellan: preservation policy report
(10:46:02 AM) epmclellan: email preservation/access plan
(10:46:07 AM) vangarderen.peter: and Jesus' list of Dashboard updates
(10:46:12 AM) epmclellan: yes
(10:46:26 AM) vangarderen.peter: so that's feature freeze right ^
(10:46:28 AM) jesus.sevein: yeah, but manual normalization and preservation policy report are part of these updates, right?
(10:46:34 AM) vangarderen.peter: yes
(10:46:40 AM) jesus.sevein: ok
(10:46:40 AM) joseph: let me have a look at the issues list, to see where I stand for feature freeze
(10:47:30 AM) vangarderen.peter: k, we can follow up after the meeting if there is anything missing. I just wanted to get a sense if there was an obvious gap, i.e. a feature on the 0.7.1 list that we don't stand a chance of completing in time
(10:48:02 AM) vangarderen.peter: I think we did a pretty good job of discussing this last Fri
(10:48:04 AM) epmclellan: joseph: you were looking at html format for access copy of emails, correct?
(10:48:27 AM) vangarderen.peter: ^ simple and awesome, btw
(10:49:18 AM) epmclellan: I've reassigned http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/issues/detail?id=568 to joseph
(10:49:28 AM) vangarderen.peter: Austin: have you made any further progress on scalability testing?
(10:49:40 AM) vangarderen.peter: Austin: I realize you've been focusing on the ghostscript bug mostly
(10:49:49 AM) joseph: I think I'll be able to meet the monday deadline
(10:50:19 AM) vangarderen.peter: joseph: feature freeze just means that we are not going to *start* development on any features that aren't already being worked on
(10:50:37 AM) joseph: yup
(10:50:52 AM) vangarderen.peter: code freeze is two weeks after that
(10:50:57 AM) vangarderen.peter: okay, cool. 
(10:52:18 AM) Austin: havnt touched archivematica since last week.  though while testing I began fixing some things I was seeing(start/stop-etc).  I have only tested a many(10000) sip object,  Ill try and get some larger hd files this week to test with
(10:52:23 AM) joseph: how about the dashboard side of things?
(10:52:58 AM) jesus.sevein: joseph: I have been working on the manual normalizatino dialog
(10:53:02 AM) jesus.sevein: lots of js code
(10:53:22 AM) jesus.sevein: but the ghostscript issue took almost all my time
(10:54:44 AM) vangarderen.peter: understood. what an unfortunate bug (ghostscript) btw. 
(10:54:45 AM) Austin: though I have to schedule a day to go into ubc to finish their install, cool if I direct a day to that this week or next
(10:54:50 AM) Austin: ?
(10:54:56 AM) vangarderen.peter: Austin: yes, definitely
(10:55:01 AM) Austin: great
(10:55:13 AM) vangarderen.peter: what's the issue?
(10:55:30 AM) Austin: we didnt have the login information to there processing server
(10:55:45 AM) vangarderen.peter: doh! couldn't get a hold of Jill that day I guess?
(10:55:46 AM) Austin: so we just ended up setting up a full install so epmclellan could demo/test
(10:55:52 AM) vangarderen.peter: k
(10:55:57 AM) Austin: yeah didnt happen, called and emailed
(10:56:38 AM) vangarderen.peter: epmclellan and I will be there for a meeting next Thu, btw but no need to be there at same time if you can schedule this earlier
(10:57:12 AM) vangarderen.peter: sorry, guys. got to run for a 2pm meeting here at UN
(10:57:15 AM) vangarderen.peter: peace out!
(10:57:22 AM) epmclellan: bye
(10:57:28 AM) Austin: seeyah vangarderen.peter
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox