Meeting 20110413

From Archivematica
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 119: Line 119:
 
(8:02:01 PM) epmclellan: looks like we're done
 
(8:02:01 PM) epmclellan: looks like we're done
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
[[Category:meetings]]

Latest revision as of 16:25, 21 September 2011

Contents

[edit] Development

  • Austin did a rebuild of curators-workbench and fits.
  • Evelyn did some testing on that, which went well for a while, Im communicating with greg from UNC to see if we can get it up and running.
  • Evelyn started testing Curators WB. Has already emailed devs.
    • Something is causing a bug, probably we're misusing the software.
    • Courtney is going to be onsite at UNC in a couple of weeks, which could be really helpful in terms of figuring out how to use CW.
    • Austin will follow up with greg, and see if there is anything we can do. he though we were building from source... but maybe he will try our steps now that he knows it happened using the binary.
    • If this turns out to be a critical bug with no immediate fix we don't want to invest too much time into Curator WB up front.
  • Joseph tried to get the twisted method to launch processes working, caused some problems in the transcoder (see r1295).
  • Evelyn fixed small issue 511.
  • Joseph added an archivematica config for fits.xml, was talking about finding a home for it in the repo with Austin
  • Joseph will be working on issue 458.
  • Joseph and Evelyn are working on the requirements for this, it's actually quite complex. It will be a nice 0.7.1 feature.
  • Regarding to r1292, Jospeh changed MCP server to set permissions to allow group to access files.
  • Joseph is currently working on issue 476: Use python config parser to load config files (r1303)
  • He has also been doing bits of cleanup, some of it is "prints" I've determiend aren't needed.
  • He did some work towards getting queries of the data that is currently in the db.
  • He is working in issue 482.

[edit] Documentation

  • Evelyn has been continuing to work on the Reporting wiki pages.

[edit] Testing

  • Nothing to report this week.

[edit] Chat log

(7:35:05 PM) vangarderen.peter: okay archivematica
(7:35:07 PM) vangarderen.peter: dev?
(7:35:07 PM) MJ Suhonos: ok, have to run off to the office.  back online in about 90 mins
(7:35:22 PM) MJ Suhonos left the room.
(7:35:33 PM) Austin: I did a rebuild of curators-workbench and fits
(7:36:16 PM) Austin: epmclellan did some testing on that, which went well for a while, Im communicating with greg from UNC to see if we can get it up and running
(7:36:25 PM) vangarderen.peter: awesome. evelyn started testing Curators WB. Has already emailed devs. Some question about packaging possibly causing a bug?
(7:36:41 PM) Austin: no, the issue appears with the binary off the site as well
(7:36:58 PM) epmclellan: it could be that we're misusing the software, I suppose
(7:37:11 PM) epmclellan: but we're doing the best we can with limited user documentation
(7:37:26 PM) Austin: scary issue for misuse ;)
(7:37:34 PM) epmclellan: oh, ok
(7:37:41 PM) epmclellan: I'm so used to breaking stuff
(7:37:55 PM) epmclellan: Courtney is going to be onsite at unc in a couple of weeks
(7:38:07 PM) epmclellan: which could be really helpful in terms of figuring out how to use CW
(7:38:19 PM) vangarderen.peter: Austin, can you email the dev (maybe via Evelyn) to explain the bug to him?
(7:38:41 PM) Austin: Ill follow up with greg, and see if there is anything we can do.. he though we were building from source.. but maybe he will try our steps now that he knows it happened using the binary
(7:39:04 PM) Austin: emailed him earlier
(7:39:27 PM) vangarderen.peter: okay, let's keep on top of this. If this turns out to be a critical bug with no immediate fix we don't want to invest too much time into Curator WB up front
(7:39:39 PM) vangarderen.peter: ^ great, thx
(7:39:41 PM) epmclellan: ok
(7:40:15 PM) Austin: we were hoping the fits update would solve issue (http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/issues/detail?id=531)  dont think it did though so Im going to add the fits.xml to a/the exmaples package required by the install
(7:40:19 PM) epmclellan: hey, is anyone taking minutes?
(7:40:23 PM) Sevein: me
(7:40:27 PM) Austin: thanks Sevein!
(7:40:28 PM) epmclellan: thanks!
(7:41:20 PM) epmclellan: berwin22: you've been doing a lot of dev this week
(7:41:22 PM) vangarderen.peter left the room.
(7:41:27 PM) vangarderen.peter entered the room.
(7:41:28 PM) vangarderen.peter left the room.
(7:41:37 PM) berwin22: yes
(7:42:13 PM) vangarderen.peter entered the room.
(7:42:32 PM) berwin22: tried to get the twisted method to launch processes working
(7:42:38 PM) berwin22: caused some problems in the transcoder
(7:43:25 PM) berwin22: See http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/source/detail?r=1295 <http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/source/detail?r=1295> 
(7:44:29 PM) epmclellan: I fixed a small issue: http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/issues/detail?id=511
(7:45:03 PM) berwin22: added an archivematica config for fits.xml, was talking about finding a home for it in the repo with Austin
(7:45:41 PM) berwin22: I'll be working on Issue 458 <http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/issues/detail?id=458>:Add accession documentation folder to SIP this week.
(7:45:54 PM) epmclellan: Joseph and I are working on the requirements for this, it's actually quite complex
(7:46:05 PM) epmclellan: but will be a nice feature for 0.7.1
(7:47:11 PM) Austin: cool, nice work!
(7:47:14 PM) vangarderen.peter: yes, that will be very useful
(7:47:21 PM) berwin22: http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/source/detail?r=1292 changed MCP server to set permissions to allow group to access files.
(7:48:14 PM) berwin22: presently working on Issue 476 <http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/issues/detail?id=476>:Use python config parser to load config files
(7:48:49 PM) berwin22: committed http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/source/detail?r=1303 to that effect
(7:48:50 PM) Sevein: nice!
(7:49:03 PM) Austin: awesome!
(7:49:14 PM) Sevein: joseph is overloading the SVN server!!! :D
(7:49:24 PM) Austin: berwin22++
(7:49:24 PM) epmclellan: the one on mars?
(7:49:31 PM) Sevein: hahaha 
(7:49:39 PM) Austin: is that were our backups are going these days?
(7:49:48 PM) vangarderen.peter: re: r1303 nice Joseph!
(7:50:01 PM) berwin22: neptune actually
(7:50:24 PM) Sevein: notes so far - http://archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Meeting_20110413
(7:50:26 PM) Sevein: 10 mins left
(7:51:06 PM) berwin22: I've also been doing bits of cleanup, some of it is "prints" I've determined aren't needed
(7:51:35 PM) berwin22: did some work towards getting queries of the data that is currently in the db.
(7:52:24 PM) berwin22: that's here for now: http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/source/browse/trunk/src/transcoder/commonQueries.sh
no real home for it
(7:52:35 PM) vangarderen.peter: berwin22: saw that nice. will have a closer look at those next week
(7:54:48 PM) epmclellan: on to documentation?
(7:54:49 PM) Sevein: ok, docs? testing?
(7:54:59 PM) berwin22: I'm stuck on this http://code.google.com/p/archivematica/issues/detail?id=482
(7:56:16 PM) epmclellan: I've been continuing to work on the Reporting wiki at http://www.archivematica.org/wiki/index.php?title=Reporting
(7:56:37 PM) epmclellan: that's it for me for documentation
(7:56:40 PM) berwin22: Issue 482:	Receive SIP watch directory behavior. - Rename move etc.
(7:56:52 PM) vangarderen.peter: austin are you able to brainstorm with berwin22 on issue 482?
(7:56:53 PM) Austin: epmclellan: did fiwalk testing end up going ok?
(7:57:03 PM) epmclellan: yes, as far as I can tell it's good to go
(7:57:04 PM) Austin: vangarderen.peter: yeah was just reading that now
(7:57:23 PM) Austin: for rockifeller we used the script to send it to that folder
(7:57:35 PM) vangarderen.peter: i think we can always fall back on a Thunar script to trigger processing like we did at RAC
(7:57:39 PM) vangarderen.peter: ^ right
(7:57:40 PM) Austin: only problem being different setups would prolly need different scripts
(7:57:46 PM) vangarderen.peter: hmm.
(7:57:54 PM) Austin: Ill just document a few different ways, maybe add them to our examples package
(7:58:27 PM) vangarderen.peter: okay, but we need to work out our preferred (implementable) default too
(7:59:03 PM) Austin: Ill take a look at it, maybe I can whip up something a little more complex
(7:59:46 PM) vangarderen.peter: cool. what about a FTP transfer? That way external systems could submitSIP through same mechanism?
(8:00:04 PM) vangarderen.peter: ^ totally out of left field, I know
(8:00:34 PM) Austin: or, a script with a simple config,  if config exists.. use sftp creds supplied.. otherwise..  just a basic mv to the /var/archivematica/... dir
(8:00:55 PM) vangarderen.peter: yes, let's keep it simple :-)
(8:01:02 PM) vangarderen.peter: okay its 11am
(8:01:06 PM) vangarderen.peter: anything left out?
(8:01:07 PM) vangarderen.peter: docs?
(8:01:09 PM) vangarderen.peter: testing?
(8:01:26 PM) Austin: all from me
(8:01:32 PM) berwin22: I'm good
(8:02:01 PM) epmclellan: looks like we're done
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox