There are multiple ways to install and use Archivematica 0.7.1-alpha. Once installed, consult the documentation for user instructions.
1. What is a virtual appliance?
- VirtualBox, VMware: archivematica-0.7.1alpha-vmdk.tbz, mirror (3 GB)
- KVM: archivematica-0.7.1alpha-kvm.tbz, mirror (2 GB)
3. If you don't already have a virtual machine player, we recommend VirtualBox. See these Virtual appliance instructions on how to load your Archivematica virtual appliance using VirtualBox.
Ubuntu Repository Package
We provide stable Ubuntu release packages as well as nightly build packages. These are available from the Archivematica Launchpad PPA (tested on x86. however 64-bit packages are available, testers welcome!).
These packages are used to create the Archivematica/Xubuntu virtual appliance available above. In addition to these we also use the clamAV ppa for the most up to date anti-virus engine (information on adding clamAV ppa).
A dedicated Xubuntu 10.04 machine(s) or partition is recommended for a production installation. A fresh Xubuntu 10.04 install is required to install Archivematica from the repository packages. Download Xubuntu 10.04
To add the Archivematica PPAs, run the following commands in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:archivematica/release sudo add-apt-repository ppa:archivematica/externals
install archivematica-shotgun (remember your mysql password, or leave blank for ease/demo):
sudo aptitude update sudo aptitude upgrade sudo aptitude install archivematica-shotgun
run vmInstaller-environment.sh (you will be asked for your mysql password [the mcp db exists error is ignorable]):
sudo /usr/share/archivematica/vm-includes/vmInstaller-environment.sh $USER
On a machine running Thunar (xubuntu 10.04). Run this to include the right click scripts.
Add Crontab for quarantine check (opens a text editor, if given choice choose nano)
sudo crontab -e
add the following to the bottom of the file, then exit and save (60 is the number of seconds to quarantine files) :
* * * * * flock -xn /var/lock/quarantine.lock /usr/lib/archivematica/MCPServer/delay/delay.py 60 "/var/archivematica/sharedDirectory/watchedDirectories/quarantined"
By default, Archivematica installs the MCP server and single processing client on the same machine. See these instruction on how to add multiple clients.
Open http://localhost/ica-atom and configure ica-atom.
Live USB key
- Download this .raw img: Coming Soon!
- Use it to create a Live USB key: Build a Live USB disk
- See these instructions for getting started with the Live USB key: Use the Live USB
- Be forwarned, due to the slow speed of USB keys it may take a few minutes before SIPs appear in the dashboard.
- Download Coming Soon!
- Follow the instructions
Checkout from Subversion Repository
This is an option for developers that want the ability to customize or enhance their own Archivematica installation and/or contribute code back to the Archivematica project. See the Development environment page for further instructions.