< ImprovementsJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 21:04, 7 March 2018 by Rspencer (Added notes about things to observe now that Archivematica has been deployed)
This page will document potential areas of improvement in Archivematica that will allow for better workflows with Avalon.
Artefactual and Avalon will seek to create:
- support for activities such as file characterization and preservation metadata extraction:
- digitized and born-digital AV materials.
- Integration with Archivematica or its components into Avalon ingestion workflows to provide:
- preservation metadata
- better packaging for long-term digital preservation activities
- Is it required that the metadata in the batch ingest manifest is represented in the AIP METS file (in dmdSecs for example?)
- Will users have a need to populate the batch ingest manifest with metadata entered into Archivematica?
- Descriptive metadata?
- Rights metadata?
- When Avalon is being used to disseminate different quality files, which file(s) should be stored in the AIP?
- How should mulitple versions be modeled in the METS?
- Should the structure of files be modeled in the METS when structure XML files are included?
- Or is describing the presence and use of structure files sufficient?
- How should the presence of caption files be noted in the METS?
Exploration of Archivematica
- Progress and first impressions
- Ingest progress
- Exploration of the AIP generated from Avalon Batch Packages
- Immediate observations:
- Workflow questions
- Perceived or real gaps
- Questions Artefactual can answer about what Archivematica is doing/should be doing
- Relationship between Archivematica and Avalon, e.g position in workflow, pre-Avalon? post-Avalon? Something else?