Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Language: Python (primarily)
- License: AGPL
- VCS: git
- Major libraries: Django, gearman (Python API)
- Coding style
Archivematica consists of several projects working together.
- Archivematica: Main repository containing the user-facing dashboard, task manager MCPServer and clients scripts for the MCPClient
- Storage Service: Responsible for moving files to Archivematica for processing, and from Archivematica into storage
- Format Policy Registry: Submodule shared between Archivematica and the Format Policy Registry (FPR) server that displays and updates FPR rules and commands
There are also several smaller repositories that support Archivematica in various ways. In general, you will not need these to develop on Archivematica.
- Development tools: Scripts to help with development. E.g. restarting services, workflow analysis
- FPR tools: All the tools, commands and rules used to populate the FPR database. Changes to the FPR should be submitted here.
- Archivematica Documentation: Documentation found at https://www.archivematica.org/en/docs/ Note that storage service documentation is found in the storage service repository.
- Automation Tools: Scripts used to automate processing material through Archivematica
- Deployment: Ansible scripts for deploying and configuring Archivematica
- Deployment-Archivematica: Ansible playbook for Archivematica package install.
- Deployment-Archivematica-dev: Ansible playbook for Archivematica github install.
- Fixity checker: Commandline tool that assists in checking fixity for AIPs stored in Archivematica Storage Service instances.
- Sample data: Data to test and show off Archivematica's processing
- History: Contains the pre-git history of Archivematica. Useful for checking the origins of code.