If you find a bug in this project or would like to make an enhancement, please be encouraged to contribute a patch by following these instructions.
Anyone can contribute code patches to this project. Project collaborators and regular patch contributors will be given access to commit directly to the git code repository.
In order to accept any patches or code commits, contributors must first sign the Archivematica Contributor's Agreement.
Code Style Guide For Archivematica
Archivematica follows common Python coding standards, notably
- PEP8 for styling
- Exception is line length, which should be wrapped at 79 characters or left long for the IDE to wrap.
- Imports are sorted alphabetically within their grouping to reduce duplicate imports
- PEP257 for docstring structure
- Parameters and return values should be specified in Sphinx-style.
We encourage installing a Python linter to help with this. flake8 is recommended because it wraps three common linters (pep8, pyflakes, mccabe).
- Install instructions for SublimeLinter-flake8
The file structure in Archivematica will comply with the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS).
More information on this standard is available at: