Archivematica is a web- and standards-based, open-source application which allows institutions to preserve long-term access to trustworthy, authentic and reliable digital content. Our target users are archivists, librarians, and anyone working to preserve digital objects.
The Archivematica project consists of several projects working together:
- Archivematica: Main repository containing the user-facing dashboard, task manager MCPServer and clients scripts for the MCPClient. Also referred to as a pipeline
- Dashboard: User-facing web GUI written in Django. This is where Transfer and SIP process can be monitored and directed, and gives access to the backlog and archival storage.
- MCPServer: Task manager using gearman that determines what scripts to run next and what to do on error
- MCPClient: Gearman worker that dispatches jobs to the various scripts
- Storage Service: Responsible for moving files to Archivematica for processing, and from Archivematica into storage
- Format Policy Registry: Submodule shared between Archivematica and the Format Policy Registry (FPR) server that displays and updates FPR rules and commands
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Development documentation"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.