Archivematica 1.6.1 release notes
NOTE: these release notes are a work in progress and are subject to change.
Primarily a bugfix release - August 1st, 2017.
This is the first Archivematica release to provide packages for Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial). Support for xenial is considered beta. Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) and CentOS 7.x are also supported.
- Support for PRONOM 90
- siegfried updated to version 1.7.3
- FIDO updated to version 1.3.6
- ffmpeg updated to version 3.3.2 (Ubuntu only)
- Sponsored (Rockefeller Archive Center) Object Level Premis Rights Import - PR575 Docs
- Sponsored (Canadian Centre for Architecture) Update METS to encode in UTF-8 instead of ASCII - Issue #11163 PR541
- Sponsored (Canadian Centre for Architecture) Increase Elasticsearch timeout limit - Issue #11294 PR556
- Sponsored (University of Saskatchewan Library) Allow UTF8-encoded transfer directory names - Issue #10712 PR520
- Contributed (Dallas Pillen) Use display_title instead of title for sip_name in Appraisal tab - PR158
- Contributed (Dallas Pillen) Use display_string instead of title for digital object title with ArchivesSpace integration - PR41
- Support for PRONOM 89 and 90 - Issue #10982 PR660
- Fix upgrades when FPR Rules have been customised - FPR Admin Issue #46 PR609
- ArchivesSpace: Don't special case first note when editing a record - PR40
- Set filepath for zip files correctly when starting transfer - #11224 PR626
- Change date format in verifyMD5.sh - PR629