Archivematica is capable of running on almost any hardware supported by Ubuntu 12.04. However, processing large collections will require better hardware. The minimum requirements listed here will work for demonstration and training purposes, or for processing smaller collections.
Archivematica can be installed on a single machine, or across many machines to spread the processing workload.
- Processor: Dual Core+ CPU
- Memory: 1GB+
- Disk space: 7GB plus the disk space required for the collection
Recommended Minimum Requirements:
- Processor: dual core i3 2nd generation CPU or better
- Memory: 2GB+
- Disk space: 10GB plus the disk space required for the collection.
When installing Archivematica on multiple machines, all the machines must be able to reach each other on the following ports:
- http, mysqld, gearman, nfs, ssh